CDM Co-ordinator and Health & Safety
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 require that Clients appoint a CDM Co-ordinator at the beginning of a project. They will have overall responsibility for co-ordinating the health and safety aspects of the design and planning phases including giving advice of the suitability of Designers and Contractors.
Stirling Maynard is eminently suitable to undertake the duties of CDM Co-ordinator as the Firm only selects fully trained and qualified senior members of staff with all round knowledge and experience in the many aspects of design and construction to carry out this role. Clients benefit from appointing a single competent firm which takes responsibility for a wide range of construction disciplines so generally avoiding the need to employ complimentary skills from more than one organisation.
Commissions for CDM Co-ordinator are organised within the existing framework of our BS EN ISO 9001 : 2008 approved Quality Management System thus ensuring efficient and effective administration.
Scope of Duties Provided:
To fulfil their duties the CDM Co-ordinator must:
- Be able to advise the Client on their obligations under the CDM Regulations.
- Notify Health and Safety Executive of projects where relevant.
- Ensure co-operation between members of the Design Team and that they comply with their duties under the Regulations.
- Arrange for the identification and collation of all relevant pre-construction information.
- Be able to advise the Client on Principal Contractor’s construction phase health and safety plan.
- Manage the flow of health and safety information between Clients, Designers and Contractors.
- Ensure that the Designers of any construction phase design work comply with their duties under the Regulations.
- Ensure the health and safety file is completed and delivered to the Client at the end of a project.